Monday, November 28, 2011

Miracles Do Happen

So the Thanksgiving break is over, and we are all back to work and life as normal. I hope that you all had a wonderful time with family and friends and are reenergized to face the next few weeks leading up until Christmas. I am certainly thankful for the time to relax and spend with my family.

Saturday night when I returned, I picked up a bottle of bleach to move it, and the apparently busted jug, soaked my best pair of jeans which I was wearing at the time. Though annoyed, I must say I didn't really get mad about it, though I knew they were probably completely ruined. I changed and washed them and put them in the dryer before going to bed. When I checked the next morning, they were perfectly fine with no signs of the accident. It was certainly a nice surprise.

The whole thing reminds me of so much of life though. Something happens that could prove to be detrimental in some way, and we assume the worst. Probably 9 times out of 10, it all works out perfectly fine, and our freak outs were completely unjustified.

In October, my best friend received a phone call late one Friday night that her 18-year old sister had been in a very bad car accident, and they were not expecting her to live. Obviously, that is the kind of news that would get to anyone upon receiving it. After packing our things, around 10 PM, I drove her to be with her family 9 hours away, and we prayed pretty much the entire trip. I guess being a little bit more removed from the situation, I was able to zone in on the peace I felt regarding the situation, but I know had the tables been turned, it would have probably been a completely different matter.

Fortunately, thanks to a lot of people praying, Samantha pulled through and made a miraculous turnaround within the next 24 hours that had all the doctors and officers who had seen her immediately after the accident astonished, as none of them thought she would survive. Granted, she is still dealing with complications from the accident, mainly resulting from the head trauma she endured, but God worked a miracle and will faithfully complete it in her life.

Every day we are presented with countless opportunities to react to people or situations, and every day most of us overreact and/or regret our decisions of at least one reaction. I know it's only part of being human and imperfect, but I know that I want to try to decrease the amount of times I freak out about things and instead trust that everything will come together as it needs to in just a short amount of time.

What is interesting is that when you look back at your life, you seldom remember half the things that upset you in the first place. Thus, today, I guess my advice is to just learn to let things go more often and to believe that miracles can and do happen every day.


Alisha Rena
Good Times Daily

For a few more reasons to be thankful: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DN&Dato=20111123&Kategori=WILLIAMSON&Lopenr=311230134&Ref=PH

No comments:

Post a Comment